Spring flowers
Here are my first spring flowers! This was taken about a week ago before they were sadly pounded into the ground by our torrential downpours this past week.
Today we are celebrating Nana's (my mom) birthday. I attempted my first Angel Food Cake yesterday and let's just say that leaving a cake upside down on a jar for 60-90 minutes is jusy weird! Well I actually didn't read those instructions the first time so my cake turned out not so good. Needless to say I had to make another one last night, it looks much better. Elissa says we need to ice it with green icing actually she says "positively green" (she's been watching way too many My Little Pony episodes) since it's St Patricks Day.
Okay, off to ice a positively green cake!
Happy St Patrick's Day!




2 Comments:
Happy St. Patricks Day!
My MIL actually gave me her little cup that she used the whole time Shane was growing up to make his favorite cake (angel food) and now she has me hooked on it. ;-) Since its Shanes favorite I make a few a year for him.
Happy Birthday to that sweet mother of yours Lara! I hope she reads this, or if not, send her my best wishes k? ;-)
Those flowers are BEAUTIFUL. So sad the rain got to them. I hate it when that happens!
I love angel food cake because it is a no-fat dessert! I like strawberries & cream with mine!
Post a Comment
<< Home