Monday, February 12, 2007

Two different b&w's



I'm always so torn to which black and whites I like better.
Up until a year ago I never knew that black and white pictures could vary so much. The one of Connor is a crisper, more clean b&w, whereas the one of Elissa has a warmer choclatey (not sure if that's a word) feel to it. Anyone care to state their preference?

3 Comments:

Blogger Cari said...

OOhh! I know just what you mean about being surprised over how many versions of B/W there are to choose from!

For myself, I lean toward the "chocolate" B/W photos. I am not huge into the birght striking white contrast like some, I prefer images to look smooth and kind of dreamy if you GWIM? ;-)

I love both these photos...E.'s hair looks great!

6:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it depends on the subject and the affect you are after. Check out my dad's sites for some really neat b&w's. The links are on my page. You can really play with it to get what you want.

I like both of the pics. The chocolatey look reminds me of old photos, where the crisp b&w is great for a detail shot.

11:33 PM  
Blogger Louise said...

I kinda like the one of Elissa but then I'm a fan of sepia too, so guess it all depends on the look you are going for! I love checking out your photos, since photography is one of my hobbies... would love to take a course and truly figure out my cameras though! That would make all the difference :)
(Suzette's friend)

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home