Happy Thanksgiving!
I awoke this morning at 5:56 to the sound of Elissa coughing. After a few minutes of coughing she got up and headed to the bathroom for a drink of water. Exactly 4 minutes later, 6:00, I heard the pitter patter of Connor's footsteps coming towards the door. Joel got up to get Connor, I got up to see how Elissa was. By 6:04 both the kid's were back in bed with Joel and I. I didn't fall back asleep. Neither did anyone else. But as we lay there in silence I realized how truly blessed I am.
Here I was lying in a king size bed with my wonderful husband of eight years and my two small children. We live in a house we love and a safe neighbourhood where the children can play and explore.
After breakfast I began preparing to make my pumpkin pies. I soon realized I was missing a pie plate. I called my SIL Cathy, who lives about 5 minutes away, and asked if I could borrow one of hers. How great it is to have such close family around.
Last night we had Thanksgiving dinner at my parent's house. It was a wonderfully huge turkey dinner with all our family, aside from Wade. It was filled with laughter and happiness.
In another hour or so we'll be leaving for Joel's family's Thanksgiving dinner. All his brother's will be there, with all of there wives and their children. It will be crazy loud and chaotic, there will be a ton of food, and there will definitely be a lot of laughter.
God has so richly blessed us.
Happy Thanksging everyone.



2 Comments:
Happy Thanksgiving Lara! You do have a wonderful family and its great you feel so appreciative.
When the heck did Connor lose his baby face? He is such a BOY now! *lol*
I love that picture of Elissa..the colors remind me of Fall.
What wonderful pictures and wonderful memories you are creating for you and your children!
We all need this time to remind what is truly important (the extra hour of sleep is nice but you will never ever get the present moment back!).
Glad you got to be with your family for Thanksgiving! Yum I love turkey dinners!
Post a Comment
<< Home