Monday, August 21, 2006

Well we're back! We had a great weekend up in Mara at the annual Meatfest on the Aylard Farm. The kids were great driving despite having no a/c. It was the kids first time sleeping in a tent. Elissa unfortuantly came down with a nasty cold and was pretty miserable all night, so now she associates that with sleeping in a tent and is not so keen on trying it again anytime soon. So that is great for me since tenting is not my favourtite thing either.
The kids had a great time on the super big slip and slide and playing with all the cousins.
The food was great with a wide assortment of goat, pig, and lamb, as well as many salads, fresh fruit, and every drink imaginable.
Okay, well I need to unpack some more, wrap a birthday present, get the kids dressed and hopefully squeeze inthe some breakfast! Joel took this morning off so I have a bit of help.
I think we'll be going to get Elissa and Connor their fish tonight. They already have named them Nemo, Dory, and Marlin.


This little cutie is Avery, the newest McAllister.

Bye for now! Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you had fun tenting - you are a brave woman. I too have an affinity for sleeping in a room that does not have canvas walls!

What a cute baby!

Have fun fish shopping! :-) We got two new ones the other day. Pumpkin and Spot!

1:34 PM  
Blogger Cari said...

Welcome home Lara, I missed you!!

Avery is adorable and she is lucky to have such a wonderful Aunt to take her picture too! Thats Ryans little girl right?

Welcome to fish ownership...its not always easy, but much easier than cats and dogs!

You guys crack me up naming your fish. We call ours fish, fish, fish and fish! *lol*

6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home